Location: Cape Town
The Chef de Partie role is essential to the success of the culinary operation and in providing guests with a special and memorable dining experience. He/she is responsible for supporting the Senior Sous Chef and making sure that the kitchen is running in line with Standards of Operation. The Chef de Partie is also responsible for food going out on time and that it is in line with the set standard
· An effective leader and is responsible for the junior staff.
· To maintain food standards and at all times
· Motivated, enthusiastic, energetic, creative and passionate about his/her job.
· Have outstanding product knowledge in food.
· To ensure the kitchen runs effectively in conjunction with the Senior Sous Chef, in the absence of the Head Chef
· To ensure necessary stocks are available and of the right quality and quantity
· To only serve fresh food out of the kitchen
· To ensure that all food is cooked to the set standard
· To ensure smooth delivery from the mis-en-place
· To ensure that all garnishing is fresh and appealing
· To maintain and adhere to strict guidelines regarding hygiene in the kitchen
· To ensure that there is good communication between restaurant and kitchen
· To ensure that cooks takes the correct orders and prepares to the set standard
· To ensure that each dish is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and temperature
· To ensure that on the job training is done and records are kept
· To ensure that maintenance issues are reported and fixed timeously
· To have a thorough understanding of styles and different types of dietary requirements.
· To assist with the procurement of all food related goods and materials necessary for the food production as well as the staff canteen.
· To take responsibility for the hygiene, cleanliness and maintenance of all the kitchens including fridges, freezers, store rooms, crockery, kitchen and operational equipment.
2. Budget Control
· To ensure that there is no wastage
· To use the correct portions as per the set standard.
· To save and preserve at correct temperatures as far as possible
· To be responsible for the profitability of his/her department.
· To assist with month end stock takes.
· To ensure the Kitchen is cleaned in line with Health and safety standards on a daily basis.
3. Staff Management
· To provide effective leadership by leading by example
· To assess and train subordinate staff on an ongoing basis (to correct where you see standard is not met)
· To assist in building, training and maintaining a strong, content, challenged and consistent kitchen brigade.
· To be able to work with staff of various skill levels and cultural backgrounds.
· To maintain effective working relationships with line and staff functions.
4. Any reasonable task as requested by the Exective Chef and Sous chef.