Location: Cape Town
Heritage Hospitality Recruitment are looking for a Banqueting Manager for a 5 star hotel in Cape Town.
▪ Responsible for the smooth & disciplined functioning of the banqueting department.
▪ Ensure that set up of all functions adhere to the required standards and to ensure that all stipulated specific requests, as specified on the function sheets, have been adhered to prior to the function so that any shortcomings may be rectified.
▪ Oversees the smooth day-to-day running and all procedures within the Banqueting Department.
▪ Interacting with the kitchen to ensure availability of certain dishes, special orders and service delays.
▪ To supervise, co-ordinate and direct the prompt, cordial and efficient service of food and beverages to ensure that service standards are maintained during functions.
▪ Ensuring the room's appearance is maintained during the event and oversees the clean-up / break down process when the event is over.
▪ Follow up with clients after functions and manage customer concerns.
▪ To conduct effective pre-function briefings with all service staff before a function starts.
▪ To report all maintenance and repair problems that require attention to the relevant parties and to ensure that appropriate corrective action is taken as and when required.
▪ To ensure that all storage areas are kept neat and clean at all times.
▪ To participate in monthly stock-takes as and when required.
▪ To assist with the implementation of formal training plans and to conduct on-the-job training sessions for all employees on a regular basis.
▪ To control and monitor the staffing % on a daily basis to ensure that the month to date staffing % is kept to budget and managed using the On Track labour management system.
▪ To ensure that all Banqueting charges are accurate and any Banqueting revenue is posted within 24 hours of the function.
▪ In liaison with the Food & Beverage Manager, to ensure that the food and beverage costs are maintained at their agreed levels and the correct profit margins are achieved.
▪ Manage and control the On Track system on a daily basis.
▪ To ensure all invoices and cheque requisitions are signed off and that correct revenue has been charged before sending onto Accounts department.
▪ Responsible to grow the Corporate Client Database with new clients and maintain the relationship with existing clients.
▪ Provide excellent customer service to maintain and grow a stronger client relationship.
▪ In conjunction with the Groups & Events Coordinator team, and as and when required, to meet and liaise closely with clients to ensure open communication and the smooth planning and running of future events / functions.
▪ In conjunction with the Groups & Events Coordinator team, to attend weekly meetings to discuss sales and functions in greater detail with relevant parties and to provide answers to any areas of concern.
▪ Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative Food & Beverage options to further enhance the offering.
▪ To provide a monthly Sales meeting report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and Food & Beverage Manager, with detailed reporting on business leads acquired, meetings held and potential bookings achieved.
▪ Working experience of 4-5 years in F&B Service.
▪ Experience in luxury hotels.
▪ Knowledge of other hotel services.
▪ Knowledge about Food and Beverage services including cuisines, menus, accompaniments, wines, beers, spirits, cocktails, tobacco, teas, coffees, other non-alcoholic beverages and the overall dining experience.
▪ Strong leadership qualities and good organizational skills.
▪ Good communication, supervisory and problem-solving skills.
▪ Flexibility and creativity.
▪ F&B service skills and other operational skills.
▪ Professional guest interaction.
The package on offer is competitive, with excellent company benefits.