Popular Restaurant within a boutique hotel wishes to appoint a Restaurant Reservationist to optimize sales and profitability through an effective and efficient reservations process, whilst enhancing relationships with existing clients.
- Grade 12
- Diploma / Degree from a reputable hotel school
- 2-3 years’ restaurant reservations experience
- Previous junior sales or front of house experience
- Good listening skills, professional and polite telephone manner
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult calls in a calm and professional manner
- Good timekeeping and reliability
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist & maintain an efficient administration system within the department.
- To maintain client database.
- To ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manual and electronic, is constantly updated.
- To ensure that standard correspondence formats for various stages of reservations are completed and maintained.
- To continuously seek ways to maximize revenues and profits by up-selling other facilities and services.
- Establish rapport with guests maintaining effective customer relationships and handle guest inquiries, requests either personally or over the phone.
- Actively endeavor to seek and resolve guest complaints, where possible, exercise judgment and escalate it to the manager.
- Answer reservations call in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Based on the nature of the reservation required, check the availability and confirm the reservation.
- To sort out and attach all correspondence with the respective advance reservation forms.
- Preparing and ensuring all bookings are accurate and in line with SOP’s.
- To inform other departments and follow up with regards to special instructions/facilities.
Please forward your cv in MS Word format and include a recent profile photo with contactable references.