First and foremost a voco™ General Manager is relaxed and unstuffy which means at voco™ you can remove your tie:
- Genuine, passionate and quick to connect with others.
- Confident, energetic and perceptive to the needs of other high-achieving people.
- Resourceful, willing to think differently and embrace change.
- An inspirational leader that shows the way, empowers others and fosters a winning culture.
- At voco™ everyone is a host and our General Managers are considered to be the chief hosts. You will be there for the guests and our voco™ team, but not hanging on their every word.
- Has a high level of curiosity about the world, a thirst for knowledge and confidence to learn about local culture, languages, customs and politics while working internationally.
- Has a winning mindset, always looking for ways to create a winning team and improve performance.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining consistent product and service standards across all departments, including housekeeping, maintenance, front desk/reception and any additional outlets
- Managing department heads to ensure all functions are operating effectively and using any applicable operational standards
- Ensuring guest feedback is encouraged, monitored and that action is taken on all aspects of the experience that need to improve, utilising IHGs systems and guest experience tools
- Acting as the voco™ Chief host at the hotel – accountable for the overall delivery of the voco™ branded, upscale, unstuffy and thoughtful
guest experience, knowing what your guests need and when, being there for them, not hanging on their every word.
- Truly understanding the voco™ hotel brand and leading its execution, through upscale and unstuffy service with everyone being a host at voco™
- Using guest loyalty to drive hotel performance through consistent and high quality loyalty recognition throughout the guest experience
- Creating a culture where everyone is aware of the importance of loyalty to the business, understands the role they play in the success
of IHG® Rewards Club and is confident with how their contributions are key to the success of the programme
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining consistent product and service standards for all voco™ life offerings at the hotel,
while maximising sales and revenue
- Ensuring all outlets are properly managed, operating effectively and using any applicable operational standard
- Overseeing the hiring of the right people using the voco™ people profiles for the right roles, supporting the training of colleagues on the
right skills, involving the team, communicating engagement and recognising great work
- Using efficient, creative ways of working with the established staffing ratio to meet guest needs and demands of the moment
- Ensuring effective coaching and training is in place to build the skill and performance of colleagues and develop a strong internal
- succession pipeline for each level within the hotel
- Drawing on market knowledge and ensuring the hotel is making best use of social media for communications, public relations and to drive
revenue utlising the voco™ branded social media guidance
- Leveraging the brand in all selling aspects and providing clear direction to the team on sales and marketing strategies
- Challenging the team to use market intelligence and trends to develop new business opportunities, grow existing accounts and think
of ways to beat the competition in the identified market segments
- Overseeing the execution of capital plans and asset management in the hotel
- Analysing financials and challenging the finance team to understand what changes can be made to drive GOP and maximise ROI for owners’ equity
Click on the Link to Apply: https://www.peoplebank.com/php/?NNZVBYmcLS