We are currently in search of an extremely talented Chief Accountant for a luxury 5 star Island property based in the Seychelles.
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but are not limited to the following areas and activities. At the managements discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Provides flow of information to all division/department heads related to financial matters
- Establishes an efficient management of the hotels accounting functions.
- Responsible for staff development within Accounting Department
- Achieves a high standard of performance.
- Responsible for the preparation of Annual Budget Plan and Capital Investment Budget.
- Responsible in achieving the departmental target.
- Participate in strategic, financial and human resources planning
- Prepare detailed reports on financial, and administrative matters
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure compliance with financial, legislation, policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership by delegating tasks, responding to staff inquiries and providing overall direction to section employees.
- Respond to auditors comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies.
- Approve the Chart of Accounts and maintain commitment controls.
- Ensures the submission of all administration report to the Corporate Office and Owning Company.
- Minimum 3 years experience in same or similar role within luxury resort
- Excellent command of written and spoken English language
- Excellent proficiency of Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with Infor Sun Systems software desirable
- Cost Controller background desirable
- This job description is a guide to the work the Employee shall be required to perform.
- The Employee may also be required to undertake such other comparable duties as the supervisor of line manager of the Employee may require from time to time.
- This job description may be reviewed from time to time and may be subject to modification or amendment in accordance with this Agreement.