The Spa manager is expected to work 2 to 4 days a week depending on the occupancy of the Spa.
- Managing all Spa operations and delivering an excellent guest experience.
- Forecast, plan and manage all Spa orders, stock, staff and finance. Maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
·Must be able to manage all Spa operations and deliver an excellent guest experience.
·Must be able to forecast, plan and manage all Spa orders, stock, staff and finance.
·Must be able to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement
·Must be well-organized and have strong administrative skills
·Must have strong customer relations and communication skills
·Must be computer literate
- Must have strong ability to delegate staff effectively in all aspects.
- Must be able to work under pressure effectively.
- Must be able to make effective decisions and use own initiative where necessary.
- Must be able to deal with customer complaints effectively.
- Ensure that all set standards and quality is maintained at all times to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to provide all relevant cost and revenue reports for the Spa.
- Must be able to provide or source all necessary training to Spa employees.
- Be able to maintain a high standard in cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Spa.
- Ensure that all operating equipment is maintained in a good state of repair.
- Must have valid driver’s license and own transport.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience as a Spa Manager in a similar sized City Spa (NB!)
- Spa qualifications a must. (NB!)
#spajobs #spamanagerjobs #spa #opportunity #JHB #spamanager