La Roca is a boutique guest house/hotel and we are looking for a Front of House "all-rounder" to focus on various duties normally associated with being a Reservationist, a Receptionist, and a Hostess.
This position can be either live-out or live-in - there is a staff flat available on the premises. When the owners are on leave, the person will be required to live-in for those days. The job entails flexibility in working hours and shifts as required, although the position will involve more afternoon/evening shifts than morning shifts.
Applications MUST have a CV and a recent photo of yourself.
- To respond to communications from guests, booking agents, and companies concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, or through web-based booking portals.
- To create and maintain accurate reservation records.
- To invoice & take payments from guests and/or corporates.
- Checking guest room standards and liasing with housekeeping and management.
- To receive guests and show them to their rooms.
- To be a hostess to the guests, assisting with quieries and managing positive guest relations.
- Assisting with dinner and breakfast service.
- Previous reservationist &/or receptionist experience, of at least 2 to 3 years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- With an outgoing personality, the person must be comfortable in making positive connections with all types of people
- Very good office and computer skills - experience using Nightsbridge advantageous
- Hands-on proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Honest and trustworthy beyond approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Presentable and well spoken with a positive "can-do" approach