Executive Housekeeper | Bela Bela | 4 Star Lodge
Our client is looking for an experienced EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER to run the full housekeeping operations at this well known, 4-star lodge in Bela Bela, Limpopo. You will be responsible for the good housekeeping and inventory stock levels of all guest units for both divisions to the standard as set out by the company.
To ensure the sufficient and effective running of the laundry & the housekeeping of 100+ units and public areas pertaining to productivity, quality output and stock control. Completion of all allocated daily work, efficiently & timeously.
As ideal Candidate you will have:
- Valid RSA ID
- Valid drivers license with PDP would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with proven track record within a large hotel/ lodge environment as position would manage the laundry & the housekeeping of 105 rooms plus public areas
- NOTE: Company Retirement Age is 60
- No pets are allowed on the reserve unfortunately and the accommodation does not allow for children
- Candidate must be available for interview at the lodge – no Skype/Telephone/Zoom
Your main role will focus on the following:
- Staff Management (Training, Performance & Appraisals, Client Service, Policies & Procedures, SOP’s),
- Development & Implementation of variety of Housekeeping Procedures,
- Able to achieve targets,
- Equipment and Stock control,
- Design, Implement and Manage Shift Schedules for staff,
- Establish Housekeeping budgets and Financial goals,
- Monitor operations and ensure compliance with health, safety and high gene industry standards,
- Accounting (Cash Flow, Bank Deposits, Budget, General Financial Statements)
- Respond to client inquiries and/or complaints,
- Develop & Implement marketing strategies,
- Be able to work in a remote area
- Submit weekly and monthly reports
Executive Housekeeper Performance Requirements:
- To ensure that all bedrooms and public rooms are serviced and cleaned daily.
- To ensure that function rooms are cleaned as soon as they have been used to ensure a fast turnaround.
- To ensure that VIP rooms receive the designated extras.
- To ensure an adequate supply of clean linen in a good state of repair.
- To ensure that rooms are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing, and that appropriate maintenance is affected.
- To liaise with Resident Manager and notify areas needing attention, in respect of décor.
- To ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy - wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.
- To ensure that staff are coached and trained to perform their duties effectively.
- To ensure that attendance registers are completed daily and in accordance with statutory regulations.
- To ensure that salary variations and administrative returns are completed correctly and submitted timeously.
- To draw up duty rosters and ensure that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- To ensure that adequate supplies of cleaning materials are available.
- To ensure that regular fire and evacuation drills are held.
- To ensure effective communications through attending meetings and imparting information at regularly held staff meetings with assistant housekeepers.
- To ensure all linens are being cleaned and replaced in accordance with company standards.
Salary package for Executive Housekeeper:
- Negotiable, depending on experience
- Single live-in accommodation
- Provident Fund 5% of basic
- Meals on duty
To apply for Executive Housekeeper | Bela Bela | 4 Star Lodge, send your CV in WORD document, with recent photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specializing exclusively in hospitality and retail placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job!