ABOUT THE POSITION
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial controls over all aspects of the unit’s business.
- Together with Finance Managers and General Manager, assist in compilation of budgets, development of programmes, schedules and objectives which will enable the efficient and most profitable running of the hotels.
- Understand and interpret the financial accounts on a monthly basis of each property and to report back to EXCO on any anomalies.
- Be responsible for the year end audit of the property.
- Approve monthly financial packs and present this to the EXCO.
- Approve the weekly financial reports and present this to the Finance Manager.
- Compile variance report on all overspends on budgets.
- Compile monthly financial report and highlight variances, discrepancies and/or changes in policy or strategy.
- Ensure that all financial manuals and checklists are adhered to.
- Write additional policies and procedures, as required, for the approval of the Finance Manager prior to implementation.
- Ensure all unit admin staff know what results are expected of them.
- Improve the skills level of all junior accounting staff.
- Promote job satisfaction.
- Oversee training and development within the unit’s accounting departments.
- Personnel Function:
- Maintenance of Personnel Files, Contracts, Leave Schedules, Medical Aid, Provident Fund, etc.
- Procedures Updates
- Compliance to any relevant statutory requirements
- Conduct audits of all documentation in employee files
- As the Financial Accountant, your previous experience includes, but is not limited to heading up finance, as a self-driven individual with very little financial supervision. You should be commercially astute with strong leadership qualities.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially with Good to Advanced Excel Skills
· Proficient in ACCPAC
· Proficient in VIP Payroll
· Good working knowledge / understanding of Hospitality PMS system – OPERA would be a plus
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in a related field with a solid track record working as Assistant Financial Manager or Financial Accountant within the Hospitality Industry.
- Matric is a minimum requirement, but a further qualification is a bonus.
- Valid RSA ID
The package includes a Provident Fund and Medical Aid. NOTE the salary offered is Cost to Company so these premiums would be part of the package.
Closing date for this advert 04 June 2022.
Should you not receive any feedback within two weeks from closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.