For a 4-star, well-known Conference Centre & Guest House in Edenvale, we are looking for a multi-talented Operations Manager.
The right person will have several years of hospitality experience in (preferably) the correct branch of this industry. He/she is passionate about service & has attention to detail. He/she will be fully computer literate and have knowledge of full Windows Office Suit and social media. Extensive knowledge of Semper, NightsBridge, Credit Card transactions and other payment methods is a must.
The job requires knowledge of month-end procedures, basic accounting & tight budgeting skills. Part of the job is also coordinating the maintenance of the properties – inside & out and this requires a pro-active approach. client & supplier relationships.
Good communication, problem-solving, complaint handling, expectation management and negotiation skills are a must to maintain and develop client & supplier relationships. Due to the nature of the business an affinity with technology, knowledge of Wi-Fi, Internet, LTE’s is a benefit and amazing time management skills a must.
Furthermore, a keen interest to learn and relay knowledge to staff is a strong advantage.
- Weekdays (8h00am – 17h00pm);
- Stay until last client leaves (conference centre) and see each client at least once during their stay at the guest house;
- Available on What’s App for clients, booking emails & ad hoc phone calls at all times unless arranged otherwise;
- Adhoc evening and weekend duties when required (driven by bookings).
- Manage & evaluate relationship with Google Ad Words consultant;
- Active Posting on social media with knowldge of privacy restrictions;
- Coordinate the upkeep of company websites and listings on booking engines;
- Developing & updating of specials on all search engines;
- Maintaining of existing client relationships by regular interaction and requests for feedback;
- Business Development
- Organising or attending of small networking events/calling of existing clients;
- Establishment of Service Level Agreements/Relationships with clients, coach current staff on client expectations, collect & collate client feedback;
- Identifying growth opportunities (calling on potentials – physically & by phone/mail);
- Arrange & attend client meetings /host site visits;
- Maintaining supplier relationships & re-negotiate best deals.
- General Management
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the company;
- Main contact between Owner and Team;
- Management and assistance to senior attendants in daily operations;
- Customer complaint handling – take ownership;
- Assist owner with strategic planning;
- Oversee all elements of the daily operations;
- Pro-active cleaning checks & general maintenance;
- Assist guest house and conference centre with Health & Safety Compliance;
- Assure that training re: First Aid/Fire Fighting & Health & Safety is current;
- Check Insurance Schedules and add/remove items and cover where appropriate;
- Facilitate re-certification of grading/liquor license/Health & Safety Certificates etc.
- Oversee technical assistance to clients, liaise with IT contact to resolve IT/Internet & Wi-Fi issues.
- Assist clients with copying/printing and other office support;
- Order & manage stock for conference centre & guest house;
- Check on service agreements with suppliers (laundry/hygiene services);
- Communicate with accountant when necessary.
- Daily Operations
- Checking of daily conference & guest house operations – room set-up/reception/cleanliness;
- Interact with clients during teatime & lunch;
- Compiling of catering schedule;
- Liaise with catering provider;
- Decide on menu’s, provide feedback on menu’s, oversee presentation & daily food services (teatime & lunches);
- Be available for business services;
- Answer emails, quotes, phone calls from clients, suppliers;
- Liaise with other guest houses with regards to accommodation requests;
- Respond to communication from Booking.com, SA Venues etc.
- Accounts & financial assistance
- Assistance with Debt Collection, allocation of payments, running of Month-End;
- Cost allocations and budgets – assist accountant with Profit &Loss accounts, query variations on previous months & budgets;
- Verify charges NightBridge/Booking.com & other suppliers;
- Manage subscription renewals and service contract with suppliers – month to month;
- Instigate, manage & finalise Insurance claims (for example: Standard Bank).
- Managing of weekly staffing schedule, payment of salaries, HR assistance;
- Recruiting new staff/ assess CV ‘s/ do reference checks, arrange & attend interviews, prepare for disciplinaries, warnings etc.;
- Training of new staff on all elements of the business, maintaining standards by regular checks;
- Liaise with external HR Consultants if so required.