Go back to search results
This post has expired! It was posted more than 145 days ago.
Email this Job to a Friend
Account Manager - FMCG Sales
Date Job Posted: 30-Apr-2021
Redirect me to HotelJobs.co.za
The successful candidate will be ambitious and should be comfortable with communicating at all levels. Foodservice Sales experience and/or experience in the bakery/sweet sector will be an advantage. Ideally, the successful candidate will have first-hand knowledge of and contacts within the Food Service industry
- Prospect and “close” new business opportunities through custom product and integrated solution selling to deliver profitable growth/ Margin
- Pro-actively defend current business/ Margin.
- Identify a portfolio of quality growth projects to deliver margin growth.
- Identify innovative, customer-focused solutions to customers, aligned with the business strategy
- Understand the competition and display a broad understanding and relationship with other technical functions inside and within customer
- Develop strong strategic relationships within Key Customers R&D, Marketing and Sourcing and foster counterpart relationships within ( direct contact strategy / build customer team)
- Implement / business pricing decisions and maintain business
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of features, advantages and benefits of the products and articulate the company's unique value proposition to the customer
- Preferred food service & meat industry – direct & indirect sales-bespoke & branded products & element of brand management knowledge
- Sales OR customer-facing experience, where your technical capability has actively contributed to winning new business
- FMCG Food related experience is key.
- Tertiary qualification – Degree ( Commercial or Foodscience)
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness - understanding the numbers
- Good working knowledge of food industry and how it relates to the product development and commercialization
Can be based in KZN, Gauteng or Cape Town
to apply for this job!